Sunday 29 September 2013

Last day in class

It is the last day of class for the elementary mathematics module. Though it's the last day, there were lots that I had learnt today. And all of them were like 'Oh My God!' to me. 
Firstly, division! So from the picture, you can see the long division which is done in the wrong way and it is also what I had been taught and done for many years during my school life. But today when Dr Yeap told us that it is totally wrong to do so, all of us were dumbfounded. It made us think what had happened to the education system back then. 
So apparently, this is what children do in school nowadays. And it is so much easier to understand actually. How I wish I was taught in all these when I was young then perhaps my results and interest for Math would have been higher. 
Next for our quiz, we were asked to come out with questions that lead to the equations that Dr Yeap gave us. It was really tough as the choice of words were very important as one wrong word might change the meaning of the whole question. 
Lastly, one game that we played in class called 'Salute!'. This game needs at least 3 players. It will be a game of multiplication. Get ready a set of cards without the joker, J, Q, K cards. Then one person among the 3 players will be the one to say salute. When the other players hear salute, they will have to pick a card from the stack and put in front of the forehead. So the person who said salute will have to calculate the total for both cards and tell the other two players. The other two players will have to guess the card that he/she has in front of the forehead. The number of people can be increase and instead of multiplication it can be changed to addition to make the game more challenging! 

I would like to thank  Dr Yeap for making Math a wonderful topic to study if I have met a teacher like you when I was young. But now I shall put what you had taught me into use for our younger generation and make sure they do not learn the wrong things that I did. I am definitely looking forward to the next module with Dr Yeap! :) 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO YOU NEED A LOAN : TRUST ME WE CAN SOLVE YOUR FINANCE PROBLEM
    Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At : urbansuccessfundings@gmail.com

    LOAN SERVICES AVAILABLE INCLUDE:

    Commercial Loans.
    Personal Loans.
    Business Loans.
    Investments Loans.
    Development Loans.
    Acquisition Loans .
    Construction loans.
    Credit Card Clearance Loan
    Debt Consolidation Loan
    Business Loans And many More Loan Opportunity:

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Contact Us At urbansuccessfundings@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete